Carole Vogler, M.D.
Professor- Chair of Pathology
Office: Saint Louis University Hospital
Email Address: email@example.com
Carole Vogler, M.D.
Pediatric pathology, placental pathology, animal models of pediatric disease, pathology of lysosomal storage disease
American Board of Pathology
Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Certification (1982)
Pediatric Pathology Subspecialty Certification (1990)
United States Canadian Academy of Pathology
Society for Pediatric Pathology
American Society of Clinical Pathology
Pediatric Oncology Group
Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists
College of American Pathologists
1. Grubb J, Vogler C, Tan Y, Shah GN, MacRae AF, Sly WS, Infused Fc-tagged beta-glucuronidase crosses the placenta and produces clearance of storage in utero in mucopolysaccharidosis VII mice. Proceedings of the National Academy Science, 105(24):8375-8380 2008 (June).
2. Meyerrose TE, Roberts M, Ohlemiller KK, Vogler C, Wirtthlin L, Nolta JA, Sands MS, Lentiviral-transduced human mesenchymal stem cells persistently express therapeutic levels of enzyme in a xenotransplantation model of human disease. Stem Cells, 26(7): 1713-1722, 2008 (July).
3. Grubb JH, Vogler C, Sly WS, New Strategies for Enzyme Replacement Therapy for Lysosomal Storage Diseases, Rejuvenation Research, 13 (2-3), 229-36, 2010 (April-June).
4. Heldermon CD, Ohlemiller KK, Herzog ED, Vogler C, Qin E, Wozniak DF, Sands MS, Therapeutic efficacy of bone marrow transplant, intracranial AAV-mediated gene therapy or both in the mouse model of MPS IIIB, Molecular Therapy 18:873-880, 2010.
5. Dickson PI, Hanson S, McEntee MF, Vite CH, Vogler CA, Mlikotic A, Chen AH, Ponder KP, Haskins ME, Tippin BL, Le SQ; Passage MB; Guerra C, Dierenfeld A, Jens J; Snella E; Kan S, Ellinwood M, Early versus late treatment of spinal cord compression with long-term intrathecal enzyme replacement therapy in canine Mucopolysaccharidosis type I, In press, Molecular Genetics and Metabolism (July 22, 2010).
6. Dierenfeld AD, McEntee MF, Vogler Ca, Vite C, Passage M, Le S, Jens JK, Snella EM, Kline KL, Parkes JD, Ware WA, Moran LE, Fales-Williams JA, Wengert JA, Whitley RD, Betts DM, Boal AM, Riedesel EA, Gross W, Ellinwood NM, Dickson PI, Enzyme therapy beginning at birth normalizes both systemic and brain disease in canine mucopolysacchriadosis I, In press, Science Translational Medicine, (November, 2010).
7. Reddy A, Kim J, Hawkins-Salsbury J, Macauley S, Tracy E, Vogler C, Han X, Song S, Wozniak D, Fowler SC, Klein R, and Sands M, Bone marrow transplantation augments the effect of brain- and spinal cord-directed AAV2/5 gene therapy by altering inflammation in the murine model of globoid-cell leukodystrophy, Journal of Neurosciences, in press (April 2011).
8. Hawkins-Salsbury JA, Reddy AS, Vogler C, Sands MS, Oxidative Stress as a therapeutic target in goboid cell leukodystrophy, in review, Experimental Neurology (in review June, 2011).
9. Heldermon CD, Qin EY, Ohlemiller K, Herzog ED, Vogler C, Hou W, Orrock JL, Sands MS, Disease correction by neonatal intracranial AAV and systemic lentiviral gene therapy in Sanfilippo Syndrome type B mice. (in review, July 2011 Molecular Therapy).
10. Gentner J, Vogler C, Knutsen AP, Wood E, Improvement of congenial nephrotic syndrome treated with intravenous immunoglobulin in two children with diffuse mesangial sclerosis, in preparation (May 2009).
Honors and Awards
Excellence in Teaching Award for Osler Pathology and Gynecology Review Courses, 1999-2000
Faculty Excellence Award, Student Government Association, Saint Louis University, April 2003
Golden Apple, Saint Louis University, May 2006
PUBMEDClick here for listings on PubMed
Modified Date:Tuesday 24-Jul-12 15:12:17 CDT