Katherine Schwetye, M.D., Ph.D.
St. Louis, MO,
M.D. 2011; Ph.D. 2011
Email Address: email@example.com
Katherine Schwetye, M.D., Ph.D.
Brain tumors, central nervous system infectious and inflammatory disease, traumatic brain injury, neurodegenerative disease, neurodevelopmental disorders, disorders of peripheral nerves
Anatomic Pathology Board Certification
Missouri State Board of Registration for the Healing Arts License
State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation License
American Association of Neuropathologists
College of American Pathologists
United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
Missouri Society of Pathologists
Wagih Bari Society of St. Louis Pathologists
1. Fox IK, Schwetye KE, Keune JD, Brenner MJ, Yu JW, Hunter DA, Wood PM, Mackinnon SE. Schwann-cell injection of cold-preserved nerve allografts. Microsurgery. 2005; 25(6):502-7.
2. Keune JD, Brenner MJ, Schwetye KE, Yu JW, Fox IK, Hunter DA, Mackinnon SE. Temporal factors in peripheral nerve reconstruction with suture scaffolds: an experimental study in rodents. Restor Neurol Neurosci. 2006;24(3):181-90.
3. Hartman RE, Shah A, Fagan AM, Schwetye KE, Parsadanian M, Schulman RN, Finn MB, Holtzman DM. Pomegranate juice decreases amyloid load and improves behavior in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Dis. 2006 Dec; 24(3):506-15.
4. Jong YJ*, Schwetye KE*, O'Malley KL. J Neurochem. Nuclear localization of functional metabotropic glutamate receptor mGlu1 in HEK293 cells and cortical neurons: role in nuclear calcium mobilization and development. 2007 Apr; 101(2):458-69. (*co-first authors)
5. Brody DL, Mac Donald C, Kessens CC, Yuede C, Parsadanian M, Spinner M, Kim E, Schwetye KE, Holtzman DM, Bayly PV. Electromagnetic controlled cortical impact device for precise, graded experimental traumatic brain injury. J Neurotrauma. 2007 Apr; 24(4):657-73.
6. Brody DL, Magnoni S, Schwetye KE, Spinner ML, Esparza TJ, Stocchetti N, Zipfel GJ, Holtzman DM. Amyloid-beta dynamics correlate with neurological status in the injured human brain. Science. 2008 Aug 29; 321(5893):1221-4.
7. Schwetye KE, Cirrito JR, Esparza TJ, Mac Donald CL, Holtzman DM, Brody DL. Traumatic brain injury reduces soluble extracellular amyloid-β in mice: a methodologically novel combined microdialysis-controlled cortical impact study. Neurobiol Dis. 2010 Dec; 40(3):555-64
8. Willie JT, Lim MM, Bennett RE, Azarion AA, Schwetye KE, Brody DL. Controlled cortical impact traumatic brain injury acutely disrupts wakefulness and extracellular orexin dynamics as determined by intracerebral microdialysis in mice. J Neurotrauma. 2012 July 1; 29(10):1908-21.
9. Schwetye KE, Pfeifer JD, Duncavage EJ. MED12 exon 2 mutations in uterine and extrauterine smooth muscle tumors. Hum Pathol. 2014 Jan;45(1):65-70.
10. Schwetye KE, Joseph NM, Al-Kateb H, Rich KM, Schmidt RE, Perry A, Gutmann DH, Dahiya S. Gliosarcomas lack BRAFV600E mutation, but a subset exhibit β-catenin nuclear localization. Neuropathology. 2016 Mar 2.
11. Soleimani-Meigooni DN, Schwetye KE, Angeles MR, Ryschkewitsch CF, Major EO, Dang X, Koralnik IJ, Schmidt RE, Clifford DB, Kuhlmann FM, Bucelli RC. JC virus granule cell neuronopathy in the setting of chronic lymphopenia treated with recombinant interleukin-7. J Neurovirol. 2016 Jul 15.
PUBMEDClick here for listings on PubMed
Modified Date:Wednesday 22-Mar-17 08:50:08 CDT