S. Sultan M. Habeebu, M.D., Ph.D.
University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK - Ph.D.
Medical Genetics, 1990
University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City,
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Molecular Pathology Fellowship
Children's Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO
Pediatric Pathology Fellowship
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
S. Sultan M. Habeebu, M.D., Ph.D.
Pediatric pathology, molecular genetic pathology, placental pathology, animal models of human disease, molecular mechanisms of disease
American Board of Pathology
College of American Pathologists
United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
Association for Molecular Pathology
Society for Pediatric Pathology
American Society of Clinical Pathology
American Medical Association
1. Liu, J., Liu, Y., Habeebu, S.S.M., Waalkes, M.P., and Curtis D. Klaassen, C.D.: Chronic combined exposure to cadmium and arsenic exacerbates nephrotoxicity, particularly in metallothionein-I/II null mice. Toxicology 147(3): 157–166, July 5, 2000.
2. Jeong, S-H., Habeebu, S.S.M. and Klaassen, C.D.: Cadmium decreases gap junctional intercellular communication in mouse liver. Toxicological Sciences. 57(1): 156–166, Sept. 2000.
3. Liu, Y., Liu, J., Habeebu, S.S.M., Waalkes, M.P., and Curtis D. Klaassen, C.D.: Metallothionein-I/II null mice are sensitive to chronic oral cadmium-induced nephrotoxicity. Toxicological Sciences. 57(1): 167–176, Sept. 2000.
4. Staudinger, J., Liu, Y., Madan, A., Habeebu, S. and Klaassen, C.D.: Coordinate regulation of xenobiotic and bile acid homeostasis by pregnane X receptor. Drug Metabolism and Disposition. 29(11): 1467–72, Nov. 2001.
5. Habeebu, S.S.M., Liu, Y., Park, J.D. and Klaassen C.D.: Strain differences in the toxicity of cadmium to trigeminal ganglia in mice. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, 15; 177(3): 200–207, Dec. 2001.
6. Park, J.D., Habeebu, S.S., and Klaassen, C.D.: Testicular toxicity of di-(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate in the young Sprague-Dawley rats. Toxicology, 171(2–3): 105–15, Feb. 28, 2002.
7. Johnson, D.R., Habeebu, S.S. and Klaassen, C.D.: Increase in bile flow and biliary excretion of glutathione-derived sulfhydryls in rats by drug-metabolizing enzyme inducers is mediated by multidrug resistance protein 2. Toxicological Sciences, 66(1): 16–26, Mar. 2002.
8. Vansell, N.R., Muppidi, J.R., Habeebu, S.M., and Klaassen, C.D.: Promotion of thyroid tumors in rats by pregnenolone-16α-carbonitrile (PCN) and polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB). Tox. Sci. 81(1): 50–59, June 2004.
9. Lazar, A.J.F., Tuvin, D., Hajibashi, S. Habeebu, S., Bolshakov, S., Mayordomo-Aranda, E., Warneke, C.L., Lopez-Terrada, D., Pollock, R. E., and Lev, D. Specific Mutations in the β-Catenin Gene (CTNNB1) Correlate with Local Recurrence in Sporadic Desmoid Tumors. Am. J. Pathol. 173(5): 1518–1527, Nov. 2008.
10. Zhang W.W., Habeebu S., Sheehan A.M., Naeem R., Hernandez V.S., Dreyer Z.E., López-Terrada D. Molecular monitoring of 8p11 myeloproliferative syndrome in an infant. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 31(11): 879–83, Nov. 2009.
Honors and Awards
The Commonwealth Scholarship, UK, 1986 - 1989
Student International Travel Award, by the International Human Gene Mapping Organization, 1989
Kansas Health Foundation Grant, 1994–1997
The American Society for Investigative Pathology Travel Award, through FASEB’s MARC Program, 2007
PUBMEDClick here for listings on PubMed
Modified Date:Tuesday 23-Oct-12 10:36:34 CDT
Previous page: Miguel Guzman, M.D.